Tuesday, February 3, 2009

*WARNING*... Camera+Water=Disaster

So about 2 weeks ago, I had decided to give Korbyn a bath, just like any other normal day...
He was being so cute, so I decided to grab my camera and take some snap shots, and I also took a video... Here are some of the cute pictures...

And about a minute after this picture was taken, what felt  like a nightmare, happened next...
Korbyn decided he wanted to grab for his rubber ducky and he did a face plant right into the tub.  As a mother, you don't think of anything else, but saving your child in a moment like that. So that is what I did. Only after I went to reach for my sweet baby in the water, I realized that I wasn't alone... my camera tried to jump in and save him too. I was SO glad my Korbyn was okay, but in the same instance I was dying, because my awesome camera, which we only got the day before Korbyn was born, was dead. A mere 8 months old.  As I pulled it out of the water, I watched the screen melt away, and my dreams of taking cute pictures of Korbyn were over. I was devastated. You may think, "why, it is merely an object," but I was thinking, "a very expensive object, that I just ruined!" 
The happy ending...
I found out, as I was looking at the receipt that we bought a warranty! So I took it in to Best Buy to have them look at it. Then last Sunday they called us to let us know that we could come and pick up a new camera! Thank goodness Justin realized he was married to me and he needed all the insurance he could get his hands on! I have a pretty good history at breaking things, especially cameras. (Like when we went to Europe... half way through our trip, I broke our camera!) YIKES!
Anyway, it was cool, because I actually got a credit for more than we paid for our camera last year. And when we were looking we contemplated between getting a Cannon or a Nikon. Well we picked the Cannon, but when I went in the other day, I got an upgrade Nikon Coolpix! I am excited to start using it! Stay tuned, because there will be many pictures to follow! 

6 comments:

Jodi said...

What a cutie! Every baby needs a bathtub picture. I am glad you got a newer and better camera out of all this. I hope all is going well for the 3 of you.
take care,
cousin Jodi

Stefanie Bell said...

I am so glad that you had a happy ending! My luck I would have no warranty, and no camera!! Let me know how you like your new camera because we are thinking of getting one soon.

Rachel said...

8 months, I know how you feel. I lost my camera Brennan gave me for Christmas just 4 months after I got it. Unfortunately I don't have a warranty. Very cute photos!

Luke and Tiff said...

He is getting so big and such a cute little guy. Nicely done on the warranty Justin :)

Harward Family said...

Korbyn is so cute! I love how cute he looks in his tub! Brooklyn face planted the other day when she was in the tub and it scared me to death but she was okay. I think it scared me more then it scared her. I am so glad that you were able to get a new camera. I would be sad if you could not take pictures of sweet cute Korbyn.

Perry Family said...

Love the pictures. He's getting so old! I'm just glad YOU didn't fall in the water too. THAT would have been a story!